20 Lessons From 2 of My Favourite Self-Help Books!
If I start from scratch, then in 2019, I got to know about this kind of books. The first book, that I picked was, “Celebrating Silence”. The book, that has changed my perspective about life, love, addiction and many more. As time flies, at the end of 2019, I got the chance to read another self-help book and that was, “You Can Heal Your Life”. Again, one of the best books has given me a whole concept of affirmations and how a positive mindset can change our lives. The most interesting part was that I have started implementing those concepts.
Basically, these are those two books, that have helped me to get more understanding about life, and most importantly, the second book helped me to understand that how our subconscious mind is affecting us a lot, how we are unknowingly doing negative talks to us, how our childhood is affecting our thinking pattern and how we can change our life by doing affirmations.
2019, was the year that has helped me to change myself from a weak and confused girl to a strong and mature girl (a lot more to learn yet).
At that time, I used to write important points of the books in my diary. I thought to share those points with you guys. I hope those points and lessons will help you in some or another way.
So without further delay, let’s jump into those points. Let me start with:
“First Self-Help Book: Celebrating Silence”
A small-sized simple book, which helps us to understand the truth of life. It consists of many topics like love, affection, trust, desire, lust, death and many more. This book will help you to develop a new perspective on life. You will get a new vision to look at your problems. Some important lessons that I have learned from this book are here:
(Small Suggestion: Read these points slowly and try to understand their deep meanings.)
- Remembering that you will die makes you alive.
- A total acceptance of pleasant or unpleasant situations brings you at peace.
- Do not repeat something bad that someone tells you about someone else.
- Krishna tells Arjuna to fight but to be at peace at the same time.
- Love brings relaxation; love is effortless; love brings sacrifice; love liberates and sets you free.
- Your attraction or craving can exist only as long as you think someone is “other”. When you realise everyone is part of your self, you enjoy the whole world without a sense of craving.
- You cannot avoid politics, but you choose whether to harbour the politics in your mind or let them go. There was politics among Buddha and followers. Krishna was also immersed in politics.
- Politics amplify the diversity in people. It confronts you with different viewpoints, approaches and tendencies. It enhances your ability to communicate and act.
- Politics brings centeredness and dispassion. It enhances your capacity to accept and tolerate.
- Simply recognize all the virtues you appreciate in others and realize that those virtues are present in you in seed form. You only have to nurture them.
- Accepting praise without shyness is also a skill.
- Is your life useful to you and the world around you?
- There is no problem that cannot be solved. When you have a problem that you think cannot be solved, you have to accept it. Then it is no longer a problem but a fact.
*If you want to check this book, then click on it-> Celebrating Silence
Now, let’s move to the learnings from the second book:
“Second Self-Help Book: You Can Heal Your Life”
If you have not read any self-help book yet, then pick up this book. You might feel bored when you will read it the first time. But wait, good things are not simple to understand, you need to give another chance to the book and then I can assure you that you will surely fall in love with this book. I have read this book, two-times and get a chance to learn new lessons both times. Here I am sharing a few of those points:
(Again: Read these points slowly and try to understand their deep meanings.)
- Every experience is a success.
- There is always something to learn.
- Allow yourself to have pleasure with money.
- I am an unlimited being accepting from an unlimited source in an unlimited way.
- Being overprotective doesn’t prepare the other person to handle his or her own experience.
- Things come and things go. I believe that when something goes, it is only to make room for something new.
- No person, place or thing has any power over me, for I am the only thinker in my mind.
If you are still on this page, then I have something special for you.
I am going to share some pro points or you can say affirmations from the book, “You Can Heal Your Life”. These are really very powerful lines, I am sharing only some of those, but when you will read the book, you will get a chance to get deep dive into the ocean of powerful and positive lines.
Affirmations, that I have learned from this book:
- I release all my limiting beliefs.
- I deserve the best from the universe.
- The Point of Power Is Always in this Moment.
- I am in the right place, at the right time, doing the right thing.
- In the infinity of life where I am, all is perfect, whole and complete.
*If you want to check this book, then click on it -> You Can Heal Your Life
I hope, today you have learned something new. If yes, then I have good news for you that you don’t always need to start something big, instead, you can see great results by just start doing small changes.
Thanks a lot for giving your precious time in reading this. You can check my channel for some informative talks, just click on my name: Kratika Dixit.
You can also connect with me via Instagram -> krati_writer
Will meet soon with some other interesting topic. Till then keep working hard for your dreams!!!
Originally published at kratitalk.blogspot.com